A periodontist is similar to a dentist in many ways, but periodontal experts specialize in treating diseases and injuries of the soft tissues of the mouth. Both dentists and periodontists must attend four years of dental school to be licensed, but becoming a periodontist requires additional specialized training.
Dr. Kenzik is skilled with the latest in techniques and offers the following services:
- Gum Disease Treatment – LANAP protocol thoroughly cleans and removes infections
- Pinhole® Surgical Technique – restores your gum line without invasive surgeries• Dental Implants - permanent replacements for missing teeth
Many of our patients are referred by other dentists, but you do not have to wait for a dentist to tell you to make an appointment. For problems with the gums and tooth decay, you need an expert to treat your condition.
Check for signs of the following:
- Red or swollen gums are a sign of gingivitis.
- Bleeding or pus coming from your gums indicate an infection.
- Teeth that feel loose may be in danger of falling out.
- Trauma to your gums or teeth can require surgery.
- Missing teeth or loose fitting dentures need adjustments or replacement.
We can discuss your options, including the possibility of dental implants, to replace damaged or missing teeth. Implants are the gold standard in tooth replacement in many ways. They function, look and feel like natural teeth. They prevent bone deterioration in your jaw and give you back your ability to speak and chew normally.
Contact our office to schedule an appoint for consultation by calling 386-672-9440 today.